Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TTL: 2 Weeks(Most Likely)

So as with all of my other blogs I have started this one will probably only last 2 weeks. What do you think of when someone says the word beer? If the answer is Bud, Miller or Coors this is not the blog you are looking for. Those beers have their place but they are made with only one thing in mind: Profit. For Anheiser-Busch InBev and SABMiller its all about the money. Am I saying profit is a bad thing? No. If it weren't for profit the craft brewers that I enjoy buying from would not exist.

I am a homebrewer and maybe a beer snob. Now don't jump to the conclusion that I'm some crazed drunk that homebrews so I can have all the beer I could ever want. I homebrew because I believe in flavor. Yes you can buy great beers in liquor stores, but I like to create when it comes to beer. For some reason I lack passion for anything but craft beer. Maybe I should think about it seriously as a career option. The great thing about homebrewing is that I can do what ever I want. I can cater to my own style. Hell, I can make one of a kind beers. For those that say beer is gross: Yes the complete shite that gets passed off as beer these days is. All you have to do is find the beer that suits you. Read a book or go to a store with knowledgeable staff; just find something that sounds good and try it. Not every style will be right for you. I personally am not a hop head. I like IPA but ask me to drink a I/DIPA and I will say no thanks. Well thats all I have for now.

Remember keep those empty pry-offs!

No comments:

Post a Comment